Pathways School Gurgaon is a CIS and NEASC accredited IB Continuum World School. The Pathways Diploma is awarded to students who meet the required conditions over a span of four years commencing with the Middle Year Programme - Year 4 (or equivalent for transferring students) and culminating in the Diploma Programme/ Career-related Programme Year 2.
A Pathways Diploma is widely accepted and opens the doors to universities around the world. In keeping with the NEASC accreditation, the Pathways Diploma will be equivalent to the US High School Diploma.
All students at Pathways School Gurgaon will pursue the Pathways Diploma. The curricular options are designed to provide exposure to students for rigorous courses, providing preparation for college and university. In general, the coursework (curriculum and assessment) of a Pathways School Gurgaon Diploma class is consistent with an IB subject with the primary difference being that all assessments in the Pathways Diploma class are marked internally while IB assessments involve substantial external marking. On successful completion of all Pathways School Gurgaon graduation requirements, students will receive the Pathways Diploma that is recognized by a gamut of universities across the globe.
The Pathways Diploma entry requirements:
Structure of The Pathways Diploma:
The Pathways Diploma requirements:
- Complete four years of education from the Middle Year Programme -Year 4 (or equivalent for transferring students) through the Diploma Programme/ Career-related Programme -Year 2, with English as the language of curriculum delivery.
- Attendance over 2 years must be 85% or above unless sanctioned otherwise
The mandates for award of the Pathways Diploma are shared as below:
At the end of Middle Year Programme 5 or equivalent:
- Students should pass 4 subjects, (taking a minimum of 5 courses from below)
- English Language and Literature (to be taken mandatorily)
- Mathematics (to be taken mandatorily)
- One or more Science subjects
- One or more Social Science subjects
- Language Acquisition
- 1 or more from: Art/ Music/Drama/ PHE/Design subjects
- Successful completion of the Personal Project
- Experience of Laboratory work
- 85% attendance, unless sanctioned otherwise
At the end of Diploma Programme(DP)/ Career-related Programme(CP) or equivalent:
- Students must take a minimum of 4 subjects at any level (2 for IB Career-related Programme student)
- No score below the passing grade in any subject
- Completion of Creativity Activity Service (DP) / Service learning ( CP)
- Completion of Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay is optional and Career-related Programme Core, however all students must attend at least one semester of both and achieve an effort grade of C in each.
- 85% attendance
- Completion of Career-related studies (CP)