Our Department of Career and Guidance helps every student to explore possibilities – ones that go in tandem with their respective skills and abilities. This not only exposes them to a wide range of opportunities – both in India and abroad – but also helps them choose the right universities and guides them in the college application filling process.
Reputed universities from India and abroad regularly visit the campus – in the process, opening up a world of opportunities for every student.
- Working towards developing clarity of purpose in the student’s mind about their academic goals and professional choices.
- Facilitating and motivating the student to shortlist good - fit colleges, universities and institutions for higher studies in India and Abroad.
- Providing an update and latest information on changes in International and National application process, SAT exams, application deadlines, all dos and don’ts of college applications are provided by the College Advisor.
- Guiding students with the nuances of writing effective College Essays, Personal Statements and Also coordinate with the teachers and students for the letter of teacher recommendations as per the desired criteria.
- Counseling and guiding the students to link backwards in choosing their subjects both, after Grade VIII and Grade X levels.
- Organizing Student Development Workshops, University Fairs, University Visits and talks by eminent persons so as to expand the horizon of the student mind.
- Reviewing all college applications and personal resume and achieve the strongest possible application steering students right from selecting subjects to launching themselves in the undergraduate/ degree colleges.
Breaking the Myth: The Path between IB and Indian Universities
The IBDP students of Pathways Schools have gained admissions to prestigious universities in the US, the UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, France, Panama, Singapore and UAE. They have also joined India's leading colleges.
IB Diploma Programme is officially recognized in India.The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) recognizes the IB Diploma as equivalent to the Plus Two (10+2) Class of the Senior Secondary School, which is the eligibility criterion for admission to the undergraduate courses in India. The IB issues Indian equivalent percentages for the IBDP grades to those students who intend to apply to Indian universities.
In most Indian universities, admissions are over by mid-June. However, the IBDP results are declared only on July 6. While overseas universities grant admission on the basis of predicted grades, most Indian universities require the final mark sheets issued by the Board. On our part, the School writes to colleges to which students seek admission, providing details like students' predicted grades, evidence of AIU recognition and the IBDP results timeline. The Mumbai University issues Provisional Statement of Eligibility Certificates to IBDP students, which facilitates admission of students to the various colleges and professional institutions affiliated to Mumbai University without the submission of the final grade results issued by the IB, on the grounds that the IB declares results late vis-à-vis the University’s admission timelines.
As per announcement made by Mumbai University in January 2008, IB Diploma students with Physics and Mathematics at Higher Level and Chemistry at Standard Level are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Engineering (except for Chemical Engineering) at colleges affiliated to it. Similarly, those IB Diploma candidates with Mathematics at HL, Chemistry at HL and Physics at SL are eligible to apply for Bachelor of Chemical Engineering. Further, the IB Certificate holders will also be eligible to apply for various courses under the faculty of Arts/Commerce/Science at colleges affiliated to Mumbai University.
The IBDP students from our schools have gained admissions to leading colleges, which include
- Jindal Global Law School, Sonepat
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies, Delhi University
- Sri Venkateshwar College
- College of Vocational Studies – Delhi University
- Indian School Institute of Business and Finance, Delhi
- Oberoi School of Hotel Management
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune
- Foundation for Liberal and Management Education (FLAME), Pune
- Fergusons College Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore
- National Institute of Design, Bangalore
- Manipal University
- H R College, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics
- Jai Hind College, Mumbai
- K C College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
An IBDP student is able to appear for the entrance examinations for admission to professional courses like engineering, medicine, management, law, etc., in India.